Wednesday 18 May 2011

I'm so good at procrastinating, I could write a book on it.... If only I didn't procrastinate so much...

Procrastination. Never has one word held such sway over my life.  At times I feel almost constricted by the un-requiting hold my ethereal mistress has over me; however I can never quite seem to shake off the urge to goof around.  Even now as I write this I am supposed to be reading up on various bits of chemistry or the inanities surrounding my English work for my exams, both of which are only a few days away. Yet here I am, urged onwards by some misdirected sense of priorities that has me writing down my thoughts instead. 

Now I’m sure I can’t be the only one who does this but I must enquire as to whether I am alone in my almost self-sabotageingly annoying knack for leaving things to the last possible point, at which I frantically panic and curse my past self for being so lazy. Reason I ask this is because if I’m not the only one, then you too must also commit this act, again and again. You’d think I’d learn from the same mistake repeated ad infinitum but no, I’ll continue to waste my time until the point comes when it’s truly mine to use as I wish, then I’ll be at a loss as to what to do...

Whilst it may sound like I am whittling away the hours on a useless discourse, rather than doing what matters, I actually find the act of typing this out quite comforting. There’s definitely a benefit to be had in expunging this train of thought rather than allowing it to rattle about in the cavernous, empty void of my mind. Who knows, one day I may read back on this and laugh, if not for the contradictory nature of the rant itself but for the shear irony; the fact that the second half only appeared after a mid-rant pause to persue another time wasting endeavor.

Joke o’ the hour (A personal favourite)

Q. What’s brown and sticky?
A. A stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment